Fixin' A FlatFixin' A FlatFixin' A FlatFixin' A Flat

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So about those starers...

I feel like we're constantly in the middle of a staring contest and I'm always the one to blink first.  Everyone stares.  No one asks why he's wearing the helmet, they just stare. 

I'm guessing they don't want to offend by not asking what's wrong with my kid's head, but I'm much more offended by the staring.

No word of a lie, one woman walked in front of the stroller, stopped, stared,  walked, stopped, stared, walked, stopped, stared, rolled her eyes and left.  Seriously chick?  Was that necessary?  He's a baby, not an alien.  It took everything we (John, Mary and I) had not to call her out on it.  Mama bear managed to stay in her den, but it was freaking hard. 

A big part of me wants to stick a sign on him that says "Ask me about my head" or "I swear I don't bite".

I need to come up with some witty comebacks or get him a shirt like this...


2 comments:

  1. Hello, My name is Shazia and I just want to say that I am now following your blog. My daughter is 5.5 months and will be seeing a cranial doc on July 14th. She too has a flat head and may need a doc band. I am so glad to have found your blog and look forward to reading about Kieran's journey. He is a very handsome little guy! BTW...love that onesie and I love your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe i've missed your story on the bump but I just saw your siggy with the helmet. I went back and read your blog and just wanted to say all of the emotions you are going through bc of the helmet were completely normal! I lost sleep literally it was all I could think about. I find myself analyzing every picture of her head. When I see adults who have plagio or brachy that didn't resolve I flip and wonder if P's head will look like that. We saw two orthotists & a neurosurgeon today. Barring any abnormal issues with an MRI we are having done, we are not going to helmet. It was a tough decision to make but I feel like I made the right one. I'm glad your little man likes his helmet and I hope he gets a nice round ol' head soon! There is a yahoo support group for plagiocephaly, have you found it? My email is Realisticdreams424 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete