Fixin' A FlatFixin' A FlatFixin' A FlatFixin' A Flat

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sleep success, but I'm a mess...

The first night in the crib was a success! Well, for the baby at least.  I, on the other hand, was up every hour checking in on him.  I was a mess.  I'm exhausted.  Not only was he in his own room, but he was sleeping on his side!  You expected me to sleep?

I need a barrel of Starbucks this morning.

In other news, we're only 2 weeks away (possibly only 1!) from getting the helmet and I'm still at a loss about decorating it.  Should we Bling it?  Should we paint it?  Should we wrap it?  Should I just cheap out and buy some stickers?  This thing is huge.  A hockey helmet almost.  It's going to take a lot of stickers.

I tried to sell our sob story.  Someone told me they thought they could help us out, and then promptly stopped returning my emails.  The nerve!  The rest of them must just think I'm a crack job because they never responded at all.  The dudes at 360 Wraps must be saints or something, because no one else in the industry seems interested in giving this mental mama a hand.

That's it for today.  Off to enjoy my coffee.

3 comments:

  1. Days before we moved Charlie to his crib he decided to start sleeping on his side, too. The good thinh is he sleeps much better on his side, but I've been pretty much glued to the monitor. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to hold up with the baby in his crib. I still wake up and check on my 6 1/2 y/o, not to mention my 21 mos old and yep the 6 mos old still sleeps with mama.

    As for the helmet, well there was a baby when I shopping in Babies R Us wearing one on Saturday and they had it decorated with some really cute little boy stickers (I'm sure it cost a lot as they were all really nice scrapbooking styled stickers, but it was so cute!!) Hang in there mama and post pics of the helmet when you get it decorated, I'm sure that it will be adorable. (Oh, you might want to be super careful choosing paint as he could be allergic to some of the material in paint and then you'd have to get a new helmet which would be pricey!!)...I'd still love to see whaty ou choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first few nights are the roughest for sure, but it gets better, I swear!

    I think you should bling the helmet out! Make it the best experience for you all as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete