Fixin' A FlatFixin' A FlatFixin' A FlatFixin' A Flat

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweat and stickers...

I bet you're wondering where we've been, right? Okay maybe not, but a girl can dream (and I'm going to tell you anyway).

Things have been so hectic around here.  Playdates, doctor's appointments, sticker shopping, getting ready for Kieran's upcoming baptism....it's been nuts!

We're currently in week 3 of the helmet therapy.  Kieran is such a little champ.  He wears the helmet almost all day every day.  We've been in the middle of a heat wave for the past week or so and it's been stinkin' hot, so he gets a break from the head gear in the afternoon at the height of the heat, but other than that and bath time it's on. 

I've been decorating his helmet every week with new stickers and his helmet looks great.  Here's our little slugger in action..





I'm having a hard time getting used to the smell of his head and hair.  I wash him every day and clean the helmet twice daily and it still doesn't help the stink.  He doesn't smell like a baby anymore, he smells like a men's locker room.  I guess it's nature's way of getting me ready for his teenage years.

I'm also having a hard time adjusting to not being able to rub his head to help him get to sleep.  Belly and back rubs just don't work as well.

On a good note though, I barely notice the stares now.  Only if they stop right in front of us do I pay any mind.

So that's life right now in a nutshell.  I'm so happy with the way things have been going and how well Kieran has adjusted to his new accessory.

2 comments:

  1. love the stickers and kieran is as adorable as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie! Look at that bum. :)

    So he wears it to sleep too? Poor little guy!

    It'll be ok though. It's not forever and in the end he will have a perfect shaped head!!

    ReplyDelete