Fixin' A FlatFixin' A FlatFixin' A FlatFixin' A Flat

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Things explained...

Now that Kieran's asleep, I have a little more time to explain how today's follow up went!

You probably already got the idea that it went well, but here's the long version.

I mentioned earlier this week that people have really been noticing the difference in the shape of Kieran's melon, so when Trevor asked how things were going I almost shouted, "GREAT!!!"  I think his eyes almost bugged out of his head.

Anyway, we took the helmet off and he agreed that it was looking really good.  He took Kieran's head circumference (43.5cm...almost 2.5cm from when we started! It doesn't sound like much, but trust me, it is!) and asked me how John and I felt about the progress.  I told him that we were really happy with how the bottom has rounded out, but noticed that the top (where I had originally said it almost looked indented) was still a little flat.

He explained that the head will naturally start to round out from the bottom and work it's way up, so we were definately on the right track.  He kind of (in his normal, roundabout way) gave us a few options.

1) Be happy with what we've got
2) Keep at it, but only at night
3) Keep at it, all the time, in case Kieran gets pissy if we only try to put it on at night

We picked option 3, but we can be comfortable being a little more lax in how much he wears it during the day.  I'm so thankful for that...maybe we can control a bit of the stink now!  And with an upcoming vacation, we can keep him cool and take some helmet free pictures!

(Can you guess where we're going?)

So we're due back in the usual 4 weeks...and that will be it! Our flat will be fixed.  We're over the moon and Kieran, of course, is...


(He just doesn't know it yet.  He also doesn't know how to clean the outside of his helmet, as made apparent in the above picture. Kids!)

Anyway...to celebrate our last 4 weeks, I have some exciting surprises coming your way.

That's all I have to say, you'll have to stay tuned.

1 comment: